Bruce Mackay leads our newly created Facility Advisory Services unit. Since joining Otium Planning Group, Bruce has assisted many Councils, schools and other organisations at both the operational and strategic level of facility performance.
Some of the services projects Bruce has recently delivered and been involved with include:
- Tailoring and delivering operational establishment plans for Council’s who are constructing new $50M+ Aquatic and Recreation Centres. These plans cover everything a Council needs to do in order to safely open a new centre and reach membership and attendance targets.
- Tailoring KPI and accountability plans for staff.
- Leading Council’s research and implement the optimal management model for their leisure services.
- Reviewing organisational structures and resources and making recommendations for improvement.
- Reviewing employment conditions and making recommendations for improvement.
- Reviewing rosters for leisure centres and making recommendations for improvement.
- Creating marketing calendars and campaigns for Learn to Swim Programs.
- Conducting centre and departmental business reviews to inform master planning and re-development strategy.
- Assisting Swimming Clubs review their Strategic direction and governance structures.
- Assisting Council’s resolve contract variation claims.
- Professional mentoring of industry managers.
“The Facility Advisory Service has been a great asset in both our operational planning and design for the Rosebud Aquatic Centre. Bruce has been flexible and responsive to our needs and his willingness to sit alongside us to provide face to face assistance regarding contemporary management of these types of facilities has been a point of difference we don’t see with all consultants.”
Amy Frost, Sport & Recreation Operations Project Manager, Mornington Peninsula Shire Council
Contact Bruce today by phone on 0411 560 374 or (03) 9698 7300, or via email to email@example.com to discuss how his wealth of strategic and operational experience can be tailored to suit your unique needs.