Gladstone Regional Council resolved to enter into a lease agreement with a commercial operator to manage its pools. Our team was engaged to assist with the tendering process, including identifying and implementing an alternative management arrangement that can maintain community access and service expectations whilst reducing the cost to Council.
The key study tasks included:
- Establish non-negotiable operating terms (community and user group access; fees and charges, asset management)
- Undertake historical analysis of pools
- Establish management objectives
- Prepare essential operating terms
- Prepare selection criteria and assessment methodology
- Prepare tender package
- Develop tender marketing strategy
- Facilitate briefing session with potential operators
- Assess submissions, identify preferred operator and prepare report for Council
- Enter into negotiations with preferred operator
- Brief legal advisor in order to inform the preparation of the lease agreement
- Facilitate negotiations and agreement of the lease agreement
- Prepare transition strategy
- Facilitate handover of operations to the operator
- Develop and implement compliance auditing processes.
The operator has been successfully managing the Gladstone pools to the satisfaction of both Council and the community.
Gladstone Regional Council